- MPR - Module 4: Personal Prayer (Session 13: The Challenge of Personal Prayer)
Unscripted prayer raises obstacles, from simple unfamiliarity to the serious questions about theology that can no long be avoided when composing one’s own prayers. We explore the obstacles to personal prayer, and offer strategies to overcome them.
- MPR - Module 4: Personal Prayer (Session 14: Cultivating Your Personal Prayer Voice)
We offer several modalities for students to discover or deepen the experience of personal, unscripted prayer.
- MPR - Module 4: Personal Prayer (Session 15: Teshuvah: Introspection for Change)
Throughout the MPR Course we have been exploring the effects of prayer. Now we zero in on what many consider the key questions. How does prayer change us? What are the characteristics of life-changing prayer?
- MPR - Module 4: Personal Prayer (Session 16: Discerning Divinity: Listening for a Response to Prayer)
The elephant in the room, the issue of God’s response to prayer is often circumvented in liberal circles. The MPR contributor’s share their experience and their thinking. You might be surprised.
MPR - Module 4: Personal Prayer
A Unique Classroom Experience
The Making Prayer Real Course offers an innovative, spiritual dynamics approach to learning prayer and liturgy. Outstanding teachers are brought into the classroom via video, beginning a conversation that challenges students and draws them into dialogue with prayer, the Siddur, and each other. Skills are emphasized before theology as a workshop atmosphere is cultivated. As students explore numerous traditional and alternative prayer practices, they discover their preferences and abilities, crafting their own relationship to Jewish prayer as individuals and as members of the community.
License and Teach
The MPR Course Curriculum may be licensed for exclusive use in your synagogue, school, community center or other institution. The curriculum includes:
- Lesson plans with innovative ideas and tested methodologies.
- Traditional and alternative prayer practices.
- Video montages featuring outstanding teachers of Jewish spirituality.
- A video message to teachers from Rabbi Mike Comins on each lesson with general background and pedagogic advice.
- "Conversations" videos for community programming outside of a class on prayer.
Click on the Syllabus tab above to see the MPR Curriculum - Module Four outline.
To view details on Course Modules, the MPR Story and FAQs, Pedagogic Strategies & Teacher Reviews and References, please click on the Samples tab on the MPR Full Curriculum page. Samples also includes an Informational Seminar where Rabbi Mike Comins presents highlights of the Course Curriculum and takes questions.
The MPR Coursematerials are licensed to an institution for their exclusive use, and may be used in any normal activity sponsored by the community. They may not be copied or lent to other institutions.
The MPR Course Curriculum may be purchased as a whole or by individual modules. Please go to MPR Full Curriculum to purchase the whole curriculum. Register for Module 1 on this page.
Module Four: $300.00
Module Four, Small Congretation: $250.00 (under 300 member units)
To receive this discount, apply the following code during check-out: M4SM
Module Four, Very Small Congregation: $200.00 (under 150 member units)
To receive this discount, apply the following code during check-out: M4VS